The SD70ACe is the latest in the line of EMD’s “70” locomotives, an evolution of the SD70MAC, although its radiator design harkens more to that of the SD80/90 body. The SD70ACe has been designed to fit the latest EPA standards and regulations, and sports 4300 horsepower.
Union Pacific #1943 “The Spirit”
Union Pacifics Locomotive No. 1943, The Spirit, is the 16th commemorative locomotive introduced in the 155-year-old company’s history. The Spirit honors the United States armed forces and the men and women filling their ranks. Created in collaboration with Union Pacific veterans, the locomotive illustrates the railroads connection to the thousands of veterans who helped build America through the centuries.
Every detail in The Spirits trade dress incorporates a piece of each U.S. armed forces branch. The Spirit’s front is symbolic of Air Force Silver, and the blue stripe is a reflection of the former Strategic Air Commands nose sash. The lettering inside the sash is the original hand drawn font used on the B-17. It is followed by the Coast Guards Racing Stripe and the Navys Battleship Gray, which frames Union Pacifics traditional American flag. The military camouflage is a nod to the Army and Marines.
As the train passes by, the final message on the tail is dedicated to U.S. prisoners of war and those missing in action, featuring the POW/MIA symbol and its motto, You Are Not Forgotten.
- Three unique body styles to match the railroads who use them.
- Prototype-accurate bolster less non-radial HTSC truck and five chime airhorn.
- Exceptional and crisp molding to accentuate the distinct angular lines of the nose and high dynamic brake.
- Powerful five-pole KATO motor with dual brass flywheels
- Directional Headlight and illuminated, preprinted number boards.
- Illuminated ditch lights.
- Kato magnetic knuckle coupler
- DCC Friendly mechanism ready for drop-in decoder installation
- Download the instruction sheet for ESU LokSound Equipped SD70ACe engines
- Download the instruction sheet for TCS DCC Equipped SD70ACe engines
- Download the instruction sheet for Digitrax DCC Equipped SD70ACe engines