Enjoy a brand new way to operate your UNITRACK layout your phone or tablet! Using the Kato Smart Controller, take control of your trains with hands-free throttle operation using your smart devices Bluetooth connection. Better still when paired with the Kato Sound Box, the Smart Controller gives you control over all of the Sound Boxs functions from the sound controls themselves down to the sync and volume adjustments. Everything the sound box can do you can too, from the palm of your hand!
The Kato Smart Controller can pair with any* Android or Apple Device using a free App that can be downloaded from the Google Play or Apple iTunes Store! Simply activate your phone or tablet’s Bluetooth connection, turn on the Smart Device Controller, push the “pairing” button, and open the app – the app will do the rest, pulling up the ID of your local Smart Device Controller on a list and giving you full control over your layout’s throttle and directional controls!
* Must be using Android 5.0 or later, iPhone 5 or later, iPad pro, iPad 4th generation, iPad Air/Air 2, iPad mini 2 or later model.
This video will give you an overview of how the Smart Device Controller works along with the App, how to set it up, how to connect it to the Sound Box, and more!
- Allows bluetooth operation via Android or Apple Smart Phones or Tablets.
- Easy to set up – get up and running in minutes.
- Can be used with both N and HO Analog layouts.
- Alternate A/C Adapters (sold separately) can be used to provide more or less power depending on your layouts’ needs.
- Can be fully integrated with the Kato Sound Box, putting full control over the full suite of sounds at your fingertips!
*Does not come with power cable or track adapter. *